Sunday 4 March 2012

Ticking off the to do list!

We have had a busy week this week, putting together cupboards for the lounge make over.  Josh and I had made a trip to Ikea the week before and as Andy had finished puting those cupboards together, Andy and Josh made another trip to collect the remaining items needed to complete this part of our grand makeover.  So with lots of measurements, dummy runs and final cuts I am now sat at our new computer cupboard, with customer made mouse table that neatly folds away into the cupboard and is hidden from view when the doors are shut.
Custom made mouse table
We still have some decorating to do to the plain wall, but we are really pleased that we can start to tick off the jobs on the to do list.  We started the week with 99 jobs to do and in total we have ticked off 21 to date.  Another set of jobs already ticked off are relating to Josh's room.  We have installed a cupboard into his wall which, as it has mirrored doors has made his room feel a little bigger and gives him some where to hide all his stuff and make it appear tidier.  Here is the before and after of the view at the foot of his bed:

Before

After
Even though we had a busy week I have found time to craft inspired by last week's bible verse.  I have taken the verse quite literally and used the bless part of the verse as the main part of the craft.  I am quite pleased with the outcome and hope you like it as well.  I thought I might put on the instructions during the week showing how I made it in case anyone wants to make their own.  So here it is....

Tissue box cover - made to match Josh's surf themed bedroom
My original inspiration is to have "Bless you" on the box using the inspiration of Romans 12:14 and the one I put on during the week will include these words, but Josh's room has a surf theme (with a bit of James Bond thrown in!) so this one is for him!

As part of this blog is dedicated to recording the changes we are making to the house this year I thought I would show you the before and after shots of the lounge, now we have the cupboards installed...



I am sure you can work out which way round they are!

So that brings me to ths week's bible verse which is John chapter 10 verse 10 and is one of my favourites.  Last week in church we talked about the importance of carrying bits of the bible around with us and when asked, do you think I could remember any?  I had fragments of verses but not whole ones and certainly not whole books like some persecuted church members do.  But this is one I have in my memory even if I can't recall where it is from, but I will try to add that part to my memory as well.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;
I have come that they may have life,
and have it to the full.
John 10:10

Our prayer as a family this week is for all our family as we prepare for my Gran's funeral.

With God's blessings from my family to yours

Jo x


No comments: