Sunday 3 February 2013

Snow!

Even though there is no snow on the ground this week, I haven't blogged recently as we have been curled up in the sofa on a Sunday night watching films as the snow fell outside.

snow in the garden - January 2013

Andy and Jacob decided against the traditional snowman and built an igloo this year.

Igloo building

Then Andy found a winter use for an Autumn garden tool - the leaf blower.  It cleared the snow from the path and conservatory roof, making more available for igloo building.

leaf blower becomes snow blower
Josh and I however stuck with tradition and built a snowman.  We tried the three ball approach this year, finding that as we rolled the snow we cleared right down to grass.

Snowman Vizor
We have finally tidied away the last of the Christmas items from the house and we have used one of the new lounge cupboards as an advent cupboard, meaning we can access the items for the start of December easily without having to go up to the loft to early and dig through all the decorations.

The Bible verse for this week is from Psalms:

But I will sing about your strength,
 my God, and I will celebrate because of your love. 
You are my fortress, 
 my place of protection in times of trouble. 

Psalm 59:16

Our prayer as a family this week are for those making difficult plans for the year ahead, that with God's strength they will face times of trouble knowing the God is with them as their fortress.

With God's blessing from my family to yours,

Jo x













No comments: